Friday, October 23, 2009

We're Back!



We're back and our brains are a-buzz! Hoorah!

I am loving Las Vegas this month. Mom always says October is the prettiest month anywhere, and right now, I have to say it's true for our little town. It's been in the 80s outside, sunny and clear without any of that miserable wind that blows sand into your eyes that's so characteristic of dessert Septembers. I feel like we're finally getting our summer...I'm off work and I (finally) have tan lines. Harrison and I have made a triumphant return to our favorite activities: namely, anything outside. We've been making up for lost time when it was 118 out and too hot to do anything but be in air-conditioned buildings. Last week we had our very first swim at the Bellagio pool. Thanks Judy for visiting and inviting us. That's a long time dream fulfilled! For anyone who's wondering, the pool was beautiful and cooler than expected, and there was no shortage of beautiful people. Too bad Pat missed it because he was stuck working in Boston. But we're so glad he has a good job again, so no complaints.

Anyway, today when Harrison wakes up, the first thing out of his mouth is, "Go play kids uh park!!" I said, "OK!" So we stop first at McDonald's for Bacon Egg and Cheese McGridles, (good thing my husband doesn't read this blog, he's very against giving Harrison fast food, and recently I find that I am very much FOR it.) tumble out of the car and Harrison makes a run for the big slide. As I'm calling "Wait for Mommy!" after him, I look around and see the Texas Sage bushes so covered in fragrant purple flowers that you can't see their leaves. Next I notice the sweeping blue sky with wispy white clouds painted across it and the dark red dessert paths that circle the park and think, "It is so beautiful here. I am happy." You really savor these moments after 90 plus days of triple-digit weather. We didn't leave until 2, and on the way home we stopped at McDonald's again for chicken mcnuggets. Seriously, Pat would kill me if he knew! Twice in one day! And I can't explain this newfound obsession either, because I swear to you that I could count the times I went to McDonald's all last year on HALF of one hand. Anyway...If you are reading this and you need a park fix, or a McFix, text me and I'll meet you at Paseo Vista. We'll bring the fries. You bring extra sweet and sour sauce.


Is it a plane or a whale? This is an on-going argument between the 2-4 year olds at the park. (It's a plane, with a big whale like smile, if you ask me.)


3 comments:

Nortorious said...

That cute little boy looks more and more like you every day. Welcome back! It makes me happy that you're happy.

Rynna said...

alex! it's nice that you're back. me too. it's hard to do. the fuzz is looking adorable.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

We're always up for the park and a little Micky D's.