People who know me think I am forgetful. Allright, allright. I AM. But my memory does strange things...I can remember useless details about certain unimportant events, like what T-shirt my date was wearing when we saw City of Angels 15 years ago, but have no recollection of things that you would expect me to remember, like how long Henry's birth took. No idea. (It was late at night.)
So I need visual reminders of things. Lots of them. Journaling helps me because I can look back on the notes from my life. I have been writing the old fashioned way quite a bit lately. In an actual book. Remember doing that all night about the cute eagle scouts in your ward when you were 14? Yeah, me too. Times have changed. I had decided that my life was too tragic to be used as facebook foder and for frenemies to glance at on blogspot for entertainment, so I quit updating everything. Now I've decided that a) my life is not that tragic, b) no one reads my blog anyway, c) I need a visual reminder of events and d) who cares if people read about my personal disappointments for entertainment. This is American reality TV culture and it's just what we all do.
One sad thing about me blogging is that it only works for me if I don't read Nor's blog. Our lives follow the same paths just in different towns and we tend to think about similar issues, so if I check hers first, then I just wallow and mope around for days about why I didn't think to post such and such first. So I haven't read it. I'm sure interesting things are happening in her life right now and I am missing them. We'll see how long I can hold out.
Finally, if I write again, besides saving me having to repeat the mold story, the we're starting our own business story, the asthma story, the "I love my husband" story, the "I hate my husband" story etc., it gives me some tiny slice of my identity back. Much needed, at this point. And yes, I'll get to all those.
PS...this blog needs a better name. Clearly, no one calls Harrison "Fuzzy" anymore. And plus, he's not the only child now either. So I dunno. For the time being, I guess I'm Fuzzy. But feel free to play "name that blog" if you're so inclined.
As a general update: we live in Irvine again. I love it. It's paradise. I'm staying. My ward feels like home. No our business is not in the black yet, but it will be. We haven't been paid in 10 months. It's hard. You have no idea how hard. Yes, we are eating. Yes we have to go to court because Henry has asthma now because of the moldy house. No, we're not pregnant.
Stay tuned.
3 comments:
This is a HAPPY day to have a post from you! I would LOVE to see and read about what you're up to.
Keep it coming.
And we need to come visit you in paradise.
I miss you Al!! Tell your cute family hi and I'm sorry about little Henry.
Post a Comment