Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Husband/Firstborn Nickname Phenomenon

So the other day I noticed that Nori and I have a nickname thing in common...We both call our firstborn the nickname that used to belong exclusively to our husbands. When Nor and D@x were dating, she called him Bubba. Now she calls Mimi Bubba. Mimi also said, "Bye, Bubba!" to me when we were talking on the phone the other day which was hilarious and adorable. I'm not sure if Nor has quit calling Dx Bubba, but I used to call Pat, Punkin and now I don't. Now I call Harrison Punkin, or Tiny Punkin. I call Pat "Dog", "Animal", "Pup-Dog" or "Dog-Type Animal" (Dog Type) for short. I don't like to differentiate by saying Tiny Punkin or Big Punkin...it's too cumbersome and you can't have two people in a small home with the same name. That would be like having a junior...wouldn't work around here. Today I asked Pat if he was upset about being usurped by his son and consequently losing his nickname. He said he isn't. What a nice Dad.

I wonder if D@x is "Big Bubba" in his house. Has anyone else taken away their hubby's nickname and given it to one of the kids?

5 comments:

Nortorious said...

Nope, Dx is now Meow. I don't know how or why and he probably doesn't want his clients to know. Mimi is Bubba, Jude is Cubby, Dx and I call eachother Meow.
Embarrassing.
Hi to Dog Type.

Kiesel Klan said...

Hey Missy I didn't know you had a blog! I found you from Rissa's blog. I'm so happy to know you have one. We totally need to go out! I told Pat about a fight night on the 31st. I hope you guys can come!

Kiesel Klan said...

Oh and on the Bachelor thing...I am totally hooked. I swear every season I will have nothing to do with it but my friend forces me to watch it so she has someone to talk about it with. I actaully couldn't stand Jaosn in the Bachelorette but he has totally grown on me.

Kiesel Klan said...

Getting a new layout is super simple. Just click on that link at the top of my blog and it will show you tons of them. YOu won't lose any of your info either.

Megan said...

Hey Alex! I found your blog through a comment on Rushelle's! I cannot BELIEVE how big your little boy is!! (And he's SO cute, by the way!) That's crazy because the last time I saw him was at Pat & Dennis' reunion when he was only a couple months old. Apparently it's been WAY too long since we've hung out with you guys! Good to see you're doing well though.