Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick TOCK!!!

So I went and got myself a holiday retail job at Coach. I am officially a working mother. This forces me to use every minute wisely...The clock is definately ticking. So I am just wondering how everyone else is doing. I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes...Are there really enough hours in the day to be an employee, a couponer, a laundress, a cook, a shopper, a visiting teacher and still pay bills, return emails, post something clever on Facebook AND blogspot, buy presents for upcoming babyshowers, go to pilates, get roots dyed, spend time with husband and son, call Mom, call Mom-in-Law, check on Dad, read scriptures, say prayers, go on date night, attend temple, do Christmas shopping...get family outfitted in matching getups so we can take pictures for Christmas cards and then mail out Christmas cards? I just dunno. It's like Brittany's muffin-top... (See Nor's blog) Is it worth fighting what you know will eventually overtake you??

Harrison picks up the slack...


















No time for matchy-matchy....and notice how Harrison rarely makes it out of jammies these days...

















What the kids are doing while I'm busy...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog & pics!
Welcome to the working world. I'm also newly re-employed.
Its tough to learn how to manage everything. Hang in there! :)

Nortorious said...

Yeah, I give the whole job thing three months. I'm almost done with mine. There aren't enough hours in the day and my kids end up watching TV while I get ready or get something cleaned. I'm beginning to think stay-at-home mom is my destiny, sad but true.
Mostly I feel like I get things done, but none of them done really well.

Rissa and Jared said...

there are more than enough hours for me to get ALL of that done plus feed the homeless, care for the sick and needy, hand make Christmas gifts for everyone on my list, cook magazine worthy meals, keep my house in immaculate shape, and have time for a facial or body wrap.
what's wrong with you?
in all reality, i'm just trying to keep my head above water until graduation comes next week. good to know i may not be the only one that doesn't have it all together at the moment!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I can soooo relate to you. Being a mama is enough on it's own . . . let alone a working one!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Alexia!! I love that I found your bloggie girl.. I can't believe it!!!
Your little boy is just gorgeous!! I added you on facebook. I'm loving catching up.

check out my blog when you get a chance. My family blog is
worleys.blogspot.com

my semi pro blog is daytrippingmom.com..